Seller FAQ - English
Q: What is Thesellersouq.com?
A: Thesellersouq.com is a marketplace where sellers and buyers connect.
We are here to help small businesses to increase sales and reach new customers.
Q: How to Register?
A: Please visit www.theselelrsouq.com/becomeaseller and complete the registration. Choose Best Selling Plan, the Plan is free of cost. Sellers pay as they sell. There will be no monthly subscription fee for all sellers who would like to sell in United Arab Emirates at a limited time.
You will be required to share few documents we need to complete the registration process
- Business License
- Passport, Visa and EID
- Bank Account Details
- Utility Bills as your proof of address
When your application is approved, you will be automatically entitled to our Best Selling plan, which gives you access to inventory and accounting tools, upload and edit your products and upload products in batch files and manage your orders and additional reports to give you insights on your performance.
Our Best Selling Plan
- Registered Ecommerce Seller
- Unlimited listing of products
- Have your own Seller dashboard
- Direct Communication with the buyer
Q: What do I need to get started?
- Email Address
- Mobile or Phone Number
- Business License
- Passport, Visa and EID
- Bank Account Number
- Utility Bills
Q: What if I do not have a business license?
A: Thesellersouq is partnered with third party UAE Licensing Authority to assist the seller to apply for a UAE license. Please contact us for more information.
Q: How much does it cost to start?
A: Please contact us to know and understand our fees.
Sellers pay a fee on each item sold on the website. For all products, Thesellersouq deducts the applicable fee percentage calculated on the total sales price. The total sales price is the total amount paid by the buyer, including the item price and the delivery charges.
Thesellersouq orders are picked up from the seller's location by Thesellersouq registered delivery partner and delivered to the buyers' location with minimal effort from sellers with no extra cost. Buyers get track-able shipments and faster and predictable delivery time. In addition, buyers also get an option to pay for orders at the time of delivery using the Cash on Delivery (COD) feature that has been enabled for sellers.
The Seller has an option to use Thesellersouq delivery partner or use their own delivery partner.
Q: What is Thesellersouq Account Dashboard?
A: Once you completed the registration as a seller and our team has verified your identity documents within 24 hours you will have access to your Seller Account Dashboard. A one-stop shop for managing your selling account, adding product information, making inventory updates, managing payments. Thesellersouq Sellers account provides your own mini store where all your products will be listed and shown to buyers.
Things you can do with The Seller Account Dashboard
- Manage your own products, you can add, edit and upload pictures.
- Keep track of your orders, inventory and update your listings
- Direct Communication with the Buyer
- Manage and track your daily sales for all the products sold
- Statistic and Reports
Q: How to Add and Edit Products?
A: Firs the seller must make a list of the information required so it will be easy to add the products
- Name of the Product
- Categories (check thesellersouq.com categories)
- Price (includes all fees, shipping and VAT)
- Description of the product
- Images (required 3 to 5 images)
- Product Code (SKU)
- List Price (Price in the Market)
- Quantity, size and colour
- Terms and Conditions
When adding a product, it will be easy for buyers to find your offers by adding descriptive titles, clear images, and concise description of your product.
- Variation issues: Products that vary only by color, scent, or size might be a good candidate for listing as variations.
- Image compliance: Your images must be at least 600 x 600 pixels and set against a plain white background. The product should fill at least 80% of the image area.
- Product IDs: Make sure you are meeting the requirements for product UPCs and Global Trade Item Number. Consistency in these codes helps promote confidence in the range of products shown on the website
Q: What are the restricted products?
A: Thesellersouq is constantly innovating on behalf of our sellers and buyers and working with UAE regulators, third party experts. By reviewing and approving every product listed on our website we make sure we detect and prevent illegal products from reaching our website.
List of restricted products
- Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia, Dietary supplements
- Food and Beverage
- Currency, Coins and Gift cards
- Sex and Sensuality
- Tobacco and other related tobacco products
- Gambling or Lottery
- Medical Devices
- Hazardous and Dangerous Items
- Sim Cards
- Prepaid Mobile Charges
- Surveillance Equipment
Q: What are the guidelines in adding products?
A: A product detail page is where buyers can find all the relevant information about the product
- The title of the product and capitalize the first letter of every word
- Recommended 3 to 5 images of the product, sizes must be 600 x 600px
- Any variations of your product you have available, which may differently on color scents or sizes.
- The descriptive point of information, short but descriptive sentences highlighting the products key features and benefits
- Quantity discounts or other offers and promotions to boost your store
Q: When someone purchased my product, what’s next?
A: The Seller will receive notification on orders purchased through COD and Credit card Payment in real time. The Seller can also check any transaction status, paid, declined, pending and rejected in Seller Account Dashboard.
Q: Who will be responsible for shipping the orders?
A: The seller takes responsibility for packing and labelling and make sure the item is properly sealed to avoid any lost or damage of the product.
- Fulfilled by the Seller
- The Seller can have their own logistics partner and should provide the proof of delivery to Thesellersouq
- The Seller will communicate with the buyer and the logistics partner to schedule the delivery and if there are any issues or queries
- Fulfilled by thesellersouq
- The Seller will prepare the products safely and secured and will be picked up by our logistics partner.
- Our logistics partner will meet the buyer, collect cash (COD), check ID and signature, to avoid any fraud and disputes
- The seller will be notified for every successful delivery
- The Buyer can track their orders on www.theselelrsouq.com
- Theselelrsouq.com will coordinate directly with the logistics partner, handles any return or refund issues
Q: When will I get settled?
A: Thesellersouq will settle on a weekly basis to the Seller’s bank account
Q: What is the Settlement Fee?
A: Seller settlement Fee is free in any UAE Bank regardless of the amount